This year our 4th of July was quite memorable. About two weeks earlier, I had driven the kids and I up to Montana. I left my kids with my Mom and Dad (super heroes) and flew back to Las Vegas. John and I had the house to ourselves! We enjoyed many dinners out, lots of movies, lots of shopping and things that we don't get to do with kids. Then, on the 4th of July, we both flew up to Bozeman. Mom and Dad brought the kids into the airport, so it was a very special welcome. You would think that my Mom would be exhausted from having all of my kids, plus some of my nieces and nephews too. However, she was chipper and happy. She loves to take care of her grandbabies!!
After they picked us up, we drove around Bozeman where my Dad grew up. He really rode horses to school, and farmed with his Dad. I couldn't think of a more gorgeous place to grow up.
Grandma and Grandpa Reiser's house.
We also stopped by to say hello to Grandpa and Grandma Hinman at the cemetery. Boy, I miss you two, but I am sure you are having fun up in Heaven!
Later that night, we had s'mores on the back deck and lit fireworks in the driveway.
Getting all set up for the fireworks show. (John was in charge.)
The kids are down in the field chasing after a parachute man firework.
Sam pretending to be amazed by his sparkler. Do kids just get sarcastic as they grow older?
The fireworks were quite entertaining, and so was watching Scarlet.




No comments:
Post a Comment