17 August 2009

Vacation to Flathead Lake, Polson, Montana

For a few days, John and I left the kids with the grandparents and took a road trip. We traveled up through Missoula, then to St. Ignatius (where I was born) and then up to Flathead lake. If you have never been up to this part of Montana....you must! It is absolutely gorgeous. Visiting made me want to move there. We used to go up there during the summer all the time, and we've had a few McEntire reunions there as well.



Porch swing by the lake......yes, please!

We really aren't the kind of couple that take fun photos like these. But I forced John to do it. I had to beg, barter, and finally threaten. And he jumped up in the air once for me.
This was outside of our hotel: The hotel was right next to the road, and the road was smack dab next to the lake. Our window had the best view ever!
Earlier in the day John grabbed this shot of a seagull. I like the colors in the photo...

And we ate at the Cove Deli. If you are a pirate fan of any sorts, or even just a sandwich fan, you would love this restaurant.
We had lots of fun, and the kids keep asking us when they get to go up to Flathead lake. Maybe next year.....
And by the way.....happy anniversary, hubby. Today marks 9 years for us.
I love you.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Beautiful location. Happy anniversary!

Soda Springs Idaho Home For Sale said...

I love flathead lake it so much fun. It's nice to have time alone, isn't it.

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! Your pictures always leave me speechless!!

Melanie M said...

You guys are so perfect together! Happy Anniversary you 2!