14 April 2015

Losee Lions basketball

I volunteer coached Madelyn's 3rd/4th grade basketball team this year.  And boy did I learn some lessons!  I usually don't like being the one in charge, but I was the head coach!  I know how to play basketball, but teach it to some kids who haven't played much or at all?  It was sure a challenge. Coaching is stressful, and I am so much more grateful for my kids' coaches and all the work that they put into a season.  I had no idea.  I also made a new friend, my assistant coach Marci.  She had coached before, but was having a baby mid season so she assisted.    I'm happy to say that all the kids improved so much over the season.  We didn't win a single game, until our last one.  It was the perfect ending.
 
Madelyn had never played basketball before so it was fun to watch her learn and improve.
I can't wait until next season when I am not coaching and I can sit back and watch her play!
 
 
 Maddy during warm up



Our little team (minus 5 of our players!)





No comments: