29 May 2008

Kids can be so durn fun!


The other day I may have had one of the worst shopping trips with my kids EVER! We decided to go to Target to check out the shoes because all three kids' church shoes are tight and hurt their feet. As we walk into the store, Brooklyn throws her first fit because she wanted to sit where Madelyn was sitting. She finally stopped and we made it to the shoes. We went through the aisles, boys shoes first, then girl shoes. They picked some out....price and looks approved. All of a sudden, I'm looking for Madelyn because she wandered off. My gaze meets hers as she is sipping on somebodies forgotten Starbucks cup that has drink that who knows how long it's been sitting there fermenting. UGH.. I'm disgusted just thinking about it. So I grab it away from her and get her in the cart. Now, Sam is gone and I'm calling his name and finally he pops out from behind a rack of clothes with a big smile knowing that his hiding worked. I hate it when kids do that! Then, Brooklyn throws ANOTHER fit because she wants to sit where Sam is sitting. (He's under the cart, where he later gets his hand ran over by the wheel because he stuck it under there!) Brooklyn continues to cry through the store as we make our way over to the food section. We get the goods we need and we get to the register to check out. Kids are being loud, but when does that not happen? The checker proceeds to not know what my cloth bags are for. (He tries to scan them, then I explain that they are for putting the groceries in.) He begins scanning and bagging...but in the store bags. I ask him if he wouldn' t mind putting some of them in the bags that I brought. With a glare and no eye contact he reluctantly puts a few things in the cloth bags. I guess it's not cool to use cloth bags in America unless it is Earth month! Well, we made it home and life went on....we had a less dramatic trip today to get swimsuits.

6 comments:

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

That sounds brutal. How much did you want to scream bloody murder in the middle of the store?

Emily and Ethan said...

Wow thank you for the detailed account of your very entertaining story! I am sure you wanted to kill someone during it, but it really had me laughing.

sinika said...

Chelsea! I lost my boys in Target last week and had to ask the workers for help finding them!! I started crying- even though I knew they were fine, I think I was just embarrassed and frustrated!! Today we made a trip to Target, and the boys were little angels. Seriously, shopping with kids is always an adventure! (I don't know how you do it with 3!!!)

Miken Harding said...

Wow.,...seriously just beat em more! Hopefully it will get better. Your doing great with the single parent thing though!

Rena said...

That's too funny! We were in Toys r us the other day and I turned around to see where Jarom went and he was standing right behind me drinking out of someones cup that was sitting on the shelf. I almost died! It was some red slurpee punch thing that was totally fermented. It smelled like beer. Yucky!!

I think it is such a great idea to start a McEntire blog. We should chat about it.

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

I think you may have been misinformed about who is the cutest of the Knudson Three. I happen to think that I've got Numero Uno! :)